Contains a XML specification of a 3D model that handles animation, cameras, light, bones, and models. Also contains a Importer for C++ and C# and the C++ 3DS exporter
- XML Model Specification
- C++ 3DS 2011 MAX Exporter (3DMax SDK Only)
- C++ Importer that only depends on Xerces 3.1.1
- C# Importer without external dependencies (.Net 3.5)
- The exporter uses the IGame 3DS Max lib (included in Max SDK)
- Uses Directx Left handed
- Transformations enconded in Vectors and Quaternions
- Supports Dummies, Cameras and Bones Hierarchy.
- Export Indexed Geometry
- Export all the Standard Material Maps
- Simple Importer demo included
- This project is for learing and experimenting !!!
- IDEAL FOR LEARNING !!! How the whole process works !!!
Continuous development, its not complete (its far from it) but can be used. If someone need a stable model specification i strongly sugest using a Market standard format (like Collada .dae) and the opensource Assimp Importer ( http://assimp.sourceforge.net/
A example of the file exported can be found
A tutorial (hard to find) about exporters in 3DS Max using IGame API can be found
I used this Library in others projects like http://softrender.codeplex.com/ and http://ploobsengine.codeplex.com/
RoadMap (in the far future >.<)
- Export Lightning
- Support Maya and Blender
- Export Animation (it already exports but is hard coded ... zero usability ).
- Make the Exporter more User Friendly
- Make a standalone Viewer
- IMPROVE THE CODE of C++ Exporter (its horrible)
Others Projects From this author: